2022 Continuing Challenge HazMat Workshop Demographics
Our mission is to provide safe response training for all emergency responders to hazardous materials incidents affecting public health and the environment.
What We Do
Each year, the first week of September, prominent and skilled instructors volunteer to provide students with the most recent information available to enhance or grow skills critical to ensure safe and effective response to hazardous materials incidents. Over 100 classroom sessions, hands-on courses, and contests to test new skills are featured. Advancements in hazardous material emergency response are dynamic and attendance at this popular annual workshop is critical in promoting the health and safety of responders, the public, and the environment. The workshop is designed to provide the student with the latest information while maintaining the basics for students new to the HazMat industry.
- Total number of Students 385
- Total Unique Attendees 605 (This includes students, instructors, exhibitors, and guests )
- A total of 74 classes this year.
Typical Departments Represented (not all inclusive)
- City County, State, and Federal Fire Departments
- County, State and Federal HazMat Teams
- Local, State, and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies
- Port Agencies
- US Military – Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, and Navy
- US Environmental Protection Agency
By Field of Employment
Not everyone reported this information.
- Command/Management 2%
- EMS/Medical 2%
- Environmental Health 10%
- Fire 45%
- HazMat 31%
- Law Enforcement 2%
- Military 1.9%
- Other 2.8%
- Public Health 2%
- Tribal Agencies 1.4%
Number of Students by State or Country/Region.
AK, Alaska 0
AS American Samoa 3
Puerto Rico 0