Virtual HazMat Classes Available 24/7
The classes on this page are offered by organizations other than The Continuing Challenge Hazmat Workshop, and are available to the anyone in the Responder community 24/7/365. The links below will take you to the website where the content is hosted and may require that you create a free account to access the classes.
TRANSCAER – Transportation Community Awareness Emergency Response
Hazmat & Rail Safety – Course Directions:
- Sign Up to create a TRANSCAER Learning Management System (LMS) account.
Note: You do not need an access code to register for a LMS Account.
- Anhydrous Ammonia Safety Training (4 hr)
- Chlorine Emergencies: An Overview for First Responders (2 hr)
- Crude Oil by Rail Safety Video (1 hr)
- Ethanol Emergency Safety Training (3 hr)
- Flammable Liquids Safety Training (1 hr 15 min)
- Steel Drums 101 for Emergency Responders (1 hr)
- CSX Transportation – Emergency Response to Railroad Incidents (1 hr 30 min)
- Norfolk Southern – Rail Road 101: Rail Operations, Awareness and Response (1 hr)
- Norfolk Southern – Tank Car Valves and Fittings (30 min)
- Norfolk Southern – Tank Car Identification (30 min)
- Norfolk Southern – Locomotive Fire (30 min)
- Once you have completed the class, you will automatically earn your certificate with credit hours assigned on the Learning Management System.
- For technical questions, please utilize the help “?” button within the LMS Platform and submit your ticket directly through the LMS Website.
- If you need a course or a final course assessment reset after three attempts, please contact TRANSCAER at [email protected].
Note: This inbox is not monitored 24/7. There could be a delay in course resets after hours M-F after 5:00PM EST and course resets are not available on the weekends.
ROB WISE U.S.-EPA
8 HOUR HAZWOPER REFRESHER – CLASS
DESCENT INTO MADNESS (MAD CHEMIST) (5 hr)– CLASS
MERCURY RESPONSE AND CLEANUP (5 hr) – CLASS
- Download the USEPA Class Files from the links above. Unzip files if necessary.
- Double Click the PowerPoint Modules in order. They will automatically open and play.
- Once you have completed the class, please send an email to FOSC Robert Wise at [email protected] and you will be sent a certificate. If an entire agency is doing the training, please have your supervisor contact FOSC Wise and a certificate template will be sent to that agency supervisor.
- Technical questions on the 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher, Descent Into Madness, and Mercury Response and Cleanup classes can be forwarded to Robert Wise. EPA [email protected].